The Adaptation Advantage
Host Ross Thornley talks about adaptability requiring vulnerability — as does learning. Being deeply optimistic about humans, Heather McGowan reflects upon getting in touch with your identity — and leadership within this new normal. She also discusses how humans are transitioning away from universal income without any obligations and why learning is the new pension.
- 1:12: Who is Heather McGowan — in her own words
- 2:48: The transition from corporate work to writing and speaking
- 5:55: Identity — and challenges of adapting that for the future
- 11:00: Different aspects of leadership
- 14:58: Exploration and exploitation in value creation
- 21:08: Successfully pivoting in dire times
- 24:07: Lighting a fire of ambition versus a burning platform
- 28:45: Tips for adapting a life-long learning culture
- 32:32: Heather’s motivation for writing her new book on adaptability
- 36:09: The skills we need to thrive in this pace of change
- 40:46: Looking forward to a productive year — and what it looks like
- Heather E. McGowan — "The Adaption Advantage"
- Benjamin Hardy — “Willpower Doesn’t Work”
- Jim Kouzes — "The Leadership Challenge"
- Dan Sullivan — Strategic Coach
- Barry O’Reilly